Cork flooring has been gaining popularity as a sustainable and durable option in recent years for a good reason.
Not only is cork flooring eco-friendly and hypoallergenic, but it also provides a unique and stylish look to any space. However, with so many options in the market, it can be overwhelming to determine the best cork flooring brands to buy from.
Besides quality, durability, and overall customer satisfaction, you want to get the best bang for your buck.
Remember, flooring is essential to your home because it makes the first physical contact point between the house and your guests. Therefore, you want to install something that will wow your visitors.
In this article, I’ll discuss the best eight cork flooring brands to buy from today. I’ve got you covered from what makes each brand the best for a particular type of customer to its unique features. Let’s get into it!
AmCork (American Cork Products Company) offers a range of high-quality prefinished cork flooring and wall tiles in over twenty styles, colors, and patterns.
The company supplies a range of eco-friendly cork flooring to meet the diverse needs of its customers.
The most common cork flooring options from this brand include:
- Floating cork floor planks
- Parquet cork floor tiles
- Cork flooring install accessories
- Cork flooring product specifications
As a brand, AmCork is astounding as it supplies its floating cork floor planks with an underlayment of acoustic insulation and sound barrier. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about buying a separate underlayment for your flooring.
2. APC Cork
APC Cork is one of the best cork flooring brands to buy from today. The company’s huge selection of cork floating floors is easy to install, long-lasting, and perfectly suits different applications.
The company is dedicated to quality craftsmanship and attention to every detail to ensure high-quality cork flooring and excellent customer satisfaction.
Being one of the top North American cork flooring distributors, APC Cork has sold over 70,000 square feet of cork flooring.
By leveraging its extensive experience, this company manufacturers cork flooring with the following qualities:
- Superior installation systems
- Superior joint protection
- Better surface protection
- Lowest VOC content
- CARB phase 2 compliant
This is one of the oldest cork flooring companies that has been in operation since 1945.
Expanko differentiates itself as the manufacturer of high-performing cork floors suitable for commercial and residential applications.
Featuring six design-friendly, versatile cork flooring product lines, Expanko delivers excellent performance in terms of sound and thermal insulation, fire resistance, and durability.
Due to the company’s attention to detail, its floors are ideal for the following:
- University libraries
- Workplace environments
- Sport stadiums
Expanko’s Heirloom resilient cork flooring is considered the best option due to its classic beauty and climate tolerance.
The company’s global superiority and vast experience dating back to 1868 is evidence of its highly-coveted products.
Wicanders designs its cork flooring to be in harmony with nature. Therefore, it’s made from high-quality cork material combined with an array of artisanal design elements to create stunning, eye-catching floorings.
The company’s flagship cork flooring products are designed to meet the following qualities:
- Silence: Wicanders aims for efficient natural sound absorption through its cork floors. By focussing on this aspect, Wicanders’ cork floors reduce the walking sound by up to 53%.
- Natural thermal insulation: The floors are naturally insulating with a pleasant touch, even on bare feet.
5. WE Cork
With more than five generations in the business, you’ve got to believe WE Cork is one of the best cork flooring brands.
Located in Exeter, New Hampshire, WE Cork boasts a diverse range of floating and glue-down cork flooring, cork underlayment, and moldings.
The company’s cork flooring comes in the following two categories:
- The classic collection: It comprises Avant-Garde and other small cork flooring ranges with up to four color selections. Products under this category are available in plank and tile formats.
- The floating floor collection: It incorporates high-density fiberboard and engineered cork tiles and planks.
With portfolio projects in hospitals, universities, schools, libraries, hotels, and homes, WE Cork is undoubtedly a reliable cork flooring brand.
6. Globus Cork
Located in Brooklyn, New York, Globus Cork is the only US manufacturer of 100% cork flooring tiles.
Manufacturing 2,500 cork flooring variations in 3 textures and 40 colors, Globus Cork is an excellent choice for anyone looking for unique cork flooring.
If you’re a DIY enthusiast, this company is excellent since it provides robust information and guides on installing cork flooring.
The best part–Globus Cork offers up to three 4″x4″ color cork flooring samples. Extra samples are charged $1.50 each to cover the shipping fee within the U.S.
7. iCork Floor
As the name suggests, this company specializes in cork flooring.
iCork Floor manufactures its flooring in four categories:
- Natural cork: Excellent acoustic and thermal properties. It’s lightweight, hypoallergenic, and warm to the touch.
- Swiss cork: Ideal for kitchens and bathrooms due to its high resistance and waterproof nature.
- Design cork: It incorporates the best features of wood, vinyl, cork, and laminate flooring. The combination creates a floor with minimal noise, is highly biodegradable, PVC-free, experiences minimal UV fading, is non-slippery, and authentic.
- Fusion cork: It incorporates PVC-free polypropylene and a floating cork floorboard (PP). This is ideal if you want a tough cork floor with the best air quality control.
8. Capri Collections
Capri Collections bills itself as the “producer of high-quality cork, rubber, and rubber-cork blend.”
The company’s cork flooring features subtle neutrals, interesting patterns, saturated colors, and innovative textures that will brighten your space.
If you’re looking for superior acoustic comfort, Capri Collections offer the best cork flooring option with an acoustic-grade top layer that helps reduce reverberated noise.
The company’s Eco-clicks cork floating floor is designed in unique cork patterns and three layers for enhanced aesthetics and maximum stability. Therefore, it’s your best bet for a cork floor with a more robust structure.
Now that you know the best cork flooring brands, it’s time to go out there and make the right decision.
Each of the above companies offers something unique and special that makes it stand out. The best way to choose is by paying attention to the features and benefits offered by each and then picking one that matches your style and requirements.
If you’re looking to buy other sustainable construction materials, check out these 21 shops.